Join MMFA’s Laura Watson and a different Moravian pastor at 11:00 a.m. EDT on the fourth Tuesday of each month to explore what scripture tells us about both our identity and how we live as God’s stewards. Through a mixture of Lectio Divina and conversation, we’ll learn together and hopefully spark new ways of living generously together in Christ.
In August: A Conversation with Rev. Evette Campbell
The Rev. Evette Campbell will join us for our Steward Sparks session on August 24; Evette serves as pastor of the Rolling Hills congregation in Longwood, FL. She has selected Luke 12:42-48 for our discussion.
Get to know Sister Evette a little bit before we meet in August!
1. What does being God’s steward mean to you?
Being God’s steward means that fundamentally I have recognized that all things belong to God and that I have accepted the responsibility to use and manage all the resources that God has entrusted to my care for His glory.
2. Share a little about a recent gift of time, talent, treasure, or testimony you made that was meaningful to you.
Recently my doorbell rang; since I did not recognize the gentleman standing at the door, my husband went to see who he was and how we could assist him. He asked my husband if he was the pastor; when told no, he asked to speak with the pastor. I went outside and the gentleman explained that his mother was in the hospital, he was on his way to go see her, but his tank was on empty. All he needed was some petrol to get him to the hospital. He told us that he prayed, asking God to lead him to the right person, and was directed to the parsonage. My husband took him to a nearby service station, topped him up and sent him on his way.
To be God’s hand extended to someone in need leaves a sense of fulfillment.
3. What excites you about what God is doing through the collective stewardship of the people in your congregation?
Rolling Hills has been in partnership with the Sharing Center and the Oasis for a number of years and continues to respond to the various needs of the community as we seek to bring about a transformation in the life of others.
4. What’s one goal you have for yourself as a steward this year?
My goal is to assist others to understand their roles and responsibilities as God’s stewards so their purpose can be realized.
How: Register on Zoom for one, several, or all of the sessions!
For more information, please contact Laura at email@example.com or 336-725-2589. We look forward to sparking stewardship, together!
- Coming Soon!
- September: The Rev. Aaron Linville, Millwoods Moravian Church
- October: The Rt. Rev. Dr. Kay Ward, bishop, writer, former director of continuing education at Moravian Theological Seminary, retired pastor
- November: The Revs. Beth Rohn-Habhegger, Wisconsin Rapids Moravian Church and Dennis Rohn, retired pastor